1. The second book to be released by HQ, this was actually the first book I ever wrote to completion.
2. The very first draft was finished in four crazed weeks and was originally released as ‘Red’ back in April 2015.
3. This book was the ultimate learning experience. I had no idea what I was doing at the time. I thought writing books was running them through spell check and slapping a cover on them. Oh, how wrong I was!
4. The idea for the character William first arrived when I was sitting on my parents’ sofa. I started writing there and there, using the Notes app on my iPhone 4.
5. A lot of the book was written that way.
6. I hadn’t told anyone I was writing the book until it was done. To say my husband was shocked is an understatement.
7. I was studying law at the time, and became so immersed in the writing that I put off my work, leading to a binge of 4 weeks’ uni work in one day. 10/10 would not recommend.
8. I finished the first draft the night before driving to Sydney to meet Benedict Cumberbatch. 10/10 would recommend.
9. Originally, this was never intended as a book for release. It was more the idea that I wanted to achieve the finished product. After a few readers suggested releasing it, that’s when plans took shape.
10. It was amateurish and slapped together and the naivety is evident if you read it, but I wouldn’t change a thing. After all, it started all this.